Old December 14th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
KC4UAI KC4UAI is offline

Default Identification Question

On Dec 13, 4:33 pm, "The Shadow" wrote:
"KC4UAI" wrote in message

I'm guessing that I have to provide the ID of the station I'm
operating and my call being the control operator but what is the
accepted format for that for the various modes: CW, Phone, Etc?

-= bob =-

SEE ARRL PAGEhttp://www.arrl.org/hrlm/additions/6-4-5.pdf

EXPLAINS IT ALL

Yes, It sure does. Common sense seems to rule the day if you ask me.
This question came up in a discussion about what the ID requirements
where for operating the club station here at work. I was told that
all I needed to do was use my own call, but be sure to log my
activities in the station log. I guess they work under the "you are
borrowing the station" when you operate it, but something just didn't
sit right with me. If I'm required to log my activities into the
station log but only identify with my call something didn't make sense
and it didn't make sense to me just to use the club call when I'm
using the station for my own thing.

So, here's my "let's be totally careful" approach given the
discussions I've seen so far..

In all cases, I will log my activities into the club station's log
because the station trustee has requested that I do so.

For identification I will:

IF, I'm just operating the club station on my own and not
participating in an officially sanctioned club activity I will
identify with *both* calls, the club first followed by mine.

IF, I'm operating the station during an officially sanctioned club
event, I will identify with the club call only and log that I was the
control operator.

That sounds pretty safe to me based on what I've seen thus far. (At
least here in the USA..)

-= bob =-