Old December 14th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
KC4UAI KC4UAI is offline

Default Identification Question

On Dec 14, 4:35 pm, (Dave Platt) wrote:
In article ,

KC4UAI wrote:

That's safe, I think, *if* the club's trustee has a license class
equal to or greater than yours.

Yea, I failed to mention that the station trustee and I are both the
same license class.

Under no circumstances can one operate outside of his/her privileges
while acting as the control operator and I wouldn't want to give the
impression that one can just ID with the club ID and consider
themselves an "extra for the day" by virtue of being in the club
shack. Now if somebody is there with them they can extend their
operations to include the highest licensed ham present, but the
highest license present then becomes the control operator and
communications outside of one's privileges becomes third party
communications if I'm reading the rules correctly.

I think I'm going to put a section in the operating manual for the
shack that explains all this. Just to keep the raft of newbies coming
in from making any mistakes that brings us to the attention of the FCC
enforcement guys.

-= bob =-

KC4UAI