Old December 15th 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Identification Question

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:34:12 EST, Michael Coslo wrote:

In reality, we are identified by our call signs. If someone refers to
N3LI, I'm sure to say "wassup"? Every station I operate with the
exception of Field day and contesting at the clubhouse, I ID as my call.

Really, Mike! The station is IDed with the station licensee's call
sign. The only time that the call sign of the operator is used is if
the privileges of the op are greater than the privileges of the
station licensee and the op is exercising those privileges. This is
independent of who owns the radio.

That's the hardest thing that I have to teach to ops using our club
facilities and fixed facilities at ARES/RACES served agencies which
hold individual call signs.

Don't make me look it up and print it -- I'll bill you for the
research! ggg
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest