Old December 18th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
KC4UAI KC4UAI is offline

Default Mobile Power Connector choices?

It's not been an issue for me until this Christmas when my wife
decided to get me a VHF/UHF mobile rig. I've been using an older Icom
2 meter rig in both the cars for years so both cars have Icom power
cables in place, but the new rig doesn't use the same power
connectors.

I'd like to settle on a common power connector for both the radios,
but I'm not all that sure where to go to find something that is
reasonably priced and is not going to disappear in the future and
force me to go out and buy all new connectors again.

I figured I'd not remove any of the existing connectors on the radios,
but build up short jumpers that adapt to the connector of choice. I
also figured that I'd use the existing power wires by replacing the
current Icom power connector with what ever I pick.

Any suggestions on what to use and where to get them?

-= bob =-