Old December 24th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Mobile Power Connector choices?

In article ,
Phil Kane wrote:
Note that the crimp connector from Anderson is expensive.
Powerwerx suggests a GB crip tool, which I have. It tends
to make the metal pieces a bit too wide, so you have to
squeeze them with pliers to make them fit into the shell.
You might want to solder them, if you're good at that.

You might want to use the correct tool - the West Mountain ratchet
crimper. I invested in one of those several years ago and consider it
one of my best tool investments in all the years.

Do you know whether the die (anvil-and-punch) sets for the PowerPole
connectors are available separately? There are several brands of
ratchet crimper handles which take interchangeable die sets (Ideal and
Paladin among others). I've got one such, and I'd rather spend $25 or
so on a die set to add to my collection rather than buying a whole new
set of handles.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO