Old December 26th 07, 10:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Nate Bargmann Nate Bargmann is offline

Default Mobile Power Connector choices?

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 19:08:28 -0500, Dave Platt wrote:

Do you know whether the die (anvil-and-punch) sets for the PowerPole
connectors are available separately? There are several brands of
ratchet crimper handles which take interchangeable die sets (Ideal and
Paladin among others). I've got one such, and I'd rather spend $25 or
so on a die set to add to my collection rather than buying a whole new
set of handles.

The dies are removable on the West Mountain crimper (I just checked), but

it is a different style handle than the RF Industries Handle I have at
work. I didn't try to see if they would interchange and I don't know if
WMR would sell the dies seperately. I recall paying about $50 for the
WMR crimper from Powerwerx.

The WMR crimper gives a perfect crimp so long as the handles aren't
squeezed beyond the point where the ratchet releases.

73, de Nate

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds,
the pessimist fears this is true."