Old December 28th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bruce in alaska Bruce in alaska is offline

Default h

In article ,
"Howard Lester" wrote:

"Phil Kane" wrote

The old "100 mw input" limits apply only to certain types of devices,
and in general "intentional radiators" have to be certified for
compliance with specified antenna arrangements.

The device in question was a Heathkit CB walkie-talkie with a not so super
regenerative receiver that I built in 1963. I suppose that radio was an
"intentional radiator," but its intentions were pretty weak.... Oh, well, it
led to a ham ticket.

Howard

I suspect your unit would be "GrandFathered" by the rules in effect
when it was built. Phil would know for sure.....

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply