Old February 25th 08, 05:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Mike Coslo Mike Coslo is offline

Default 1 Year Later - ARS License Numbers Feb 2008

Alan WA4SCA wrote in
:

So perhaps the code issue wasn't all that important, anyway.

Hi Alan

It is so hard to determine. It is possible that no one cared, or that it
just takes time for news to get out - Hams are not a noisy publicity
seeking bunch.

Or it could be that New hams are coming along nicely. We are testing and
granting licenses at a pretty good clip. I don't have the numbers handy,
Anyone out there have them? We did have that big drop off of Hams who have
since moved on to cell phones - those who used the first non element 1
tested group to use repeaters for local family comms, which is probably
continuing, and it will take several years and a lot of new hams just to
tread water.

I think we won't really know until around 7 to 10 years have passed.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -