Old February 26th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones[_2_] Ivor Jones[_2_] is offline

Default 1 Year Later - ARS License Numbers Feb 2008

"Klystron" wrote in message

: : wrote:
: : [...]
: : : Whatever your view of the *test*, Morse Code is still
: : : in wide use in amateur radio.
: : : Therefore, by definition, skill in its use is neither
: : : useless nor obsolete for hams.
: :
: : Of course, that sort of tautology would still hold if
: : there were an FCC regulation that all ham radio
: : conversation must take place in Latin and all new hams
: : must pass a test in Latin.

It holds anyway. Nobody is saying you *must* use Morse, but that doesn't
mean an appreciation of it is not of use.

Personally, I appreciate *all* modes of amateur radio, even though I don't
use most of them. Conversely, I would expect anyone who doesn't use the
modes that I use to appreciate that *I* like to use them.

73 Ivor G6URP