Old February 27th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default 1 Year Later - ARS License Numbers Feb 2008

"Klystron" wrote in message
"Dee Flint" wrote:
"Klystron" wrote:

[snip]

I think that most people who are technically inclined to any
reasonable degree have had some awareness of ham radio, at some point in
their lives. Most were deterred from becoming involved in it by the need
to jump through the hoop of learning a useless and obsolete "skill"
(yes, I know, you probably don't see it as such) that they found
repellent. Now that that hoop has been eliminated, the reason that they
never became hams has been eliminated. Once that word gets around, I
believe that many technophiles will slowly gravitate to ham radio (as I
did).

That would only be true if they knew what the requirements are. Very few
were aware that Morse code was required. No one is deterred by a
requirement that they don't even know exists.

Dee, N8UZE