Old February 27th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones[_2_] Ivor Jones[_2_] is offline

Default What makes a person become a Ham?

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message

[snip]

: : What attracted you, and can we get some ideas from that
: : to attract or identify and attract new blood?
: :
: : - 73 de Mike N3LI -

I'm not ashamed to admit it, I came into the hobby from CB. Some friends
had formed a CB club back in the early 80's just when CB became legal here
in the UK (sadly using different frequencies and FM rather than AM as in
the US) but we soon realised its limitations and when a few of them became
licensed I was quick to join them.

Just celebrated my 25th anniversary, licensed on 21 February 1983 :-)

73 Ivor G6URP