Old February 28th 08, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default What makes a person become a Ham?

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message
The ARS numbers Feb 2008 thread got me to thinking, when the topic started
shifting toward who knows about what relating to Ham radio.

I think it is pretty fair to say that the ARS will never be a mainstream
hobby or avocation. I really don't think that that is even a good idea,
after some thought.

For myself, I am a inveterate tinkerer, and love to build things. My
license allows me to legally access some pretty high powered stuff and
work on the same. My path to the fold was in looking at ways to apply
amateur radio to my other hobby, Amateur astronomy. Funny though, the Ham
radio took over, and is now my main hobby, I never did apply it to
astronmomy.

What attracted you, and can we get some ideas from that to attract or
identify and attract new blood?

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

I don't think my path will be very useful to use as a tool. My second
husband dragged me to a class with the comment "Let's do this together".

Dee, N8UZE