Old February 28th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Steve Bonine Steve Bonine is offline

Default What makes a person become a Ham?

Michael Coslo wrote:

Your group has hit on the correct way to attract the young folks - by
getting a number of them together.

I agree, but I haven't found the secret for getting them together. How
does one publicize this first gathering? I have not found the term "ham
radio" to be effective in attracting young folks.

How about some more detail from the original poster of this scheme in
terms of how they got it off the ground, and how they manage to keep it
going?

Thanks and 73,
Steve KB9X