Old February 29th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne[_3_] Bill Horne[_3_] is offline

Default And now for something totally different!

Michael Coslo wrote:
[snip]

In a unique (and a little bizarre) melding of technologies, one
practitioner has built and implemented a Telegraph sounder that reads
RSS feeds.

[snip]

Mike,

If you have an email address for Mr. von Slatt, please send it to me:
his description of the sounder he built says that it draws 3.5 amps at
12 volts, which sounds very high compared to the sounders I'm familiar with.

FWIW: there is a lot of information available about using sounders and
connecting them, via phone lines, computers, and direct wire. Civil War
reenactors and other telegraph buffs sometimes use a "Dial-up Morse"
set, which allows for "compatible" operation between two key/sounder
pairs over regular dial-up modems. The circuit can be easily modified
(as mine has been) to hook up to a computer for sounder practice.

Those interested will find lots of good information at
http://www.w1tp.com/ and linked sites.

73,

Bill, W1AC

(Filter QRM for direct replies.)