Old March 2nd 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Mike Coslo Mike Coslo is offline

Default What makes a person become a Ham?

Phil Kane wrote in
:

She started to take the
three-session class offered by our radio club, using the ARRL's video
tapes which in my view are insipid.. Halfway through the second tape
she got up and left, declaiming "what the hell am I doing here" and
strode out of the room. She never became interested again and I'm not
about to press the issue.

It seems like your xyl did the same thing as my wife, only in the opposite
direction. She's every bit as intelligent as me, a quick study, and she has
expressed some interest, but says "I could never do the things that you
do", referring to the homebrewing and design I do. I keep telling her it
isn't like that at all for a majority of Hams, but so far she has not gone
for it. And likewise, I'm not going to press the issue! ;^)

- 73 de Mike N3LI -