Old March 14th 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones[_2_] Ivor Jones[_2_] is offline

Default The Spirit of Knoxville

wrote in message

[snip]

: A balloon is an aircraft so that makes it illegal to
: transmit.
: No transmitting equipment may be operated from an
: aircraft other than type approved aviation band equipment
: under the control of the commander.

So does that make the whole project is illegal..?

What about amateur radio equipment (which is what we're talking about,
isn't it)..?

It's illegal here in the UK to operate aeronautical mobile but I
understand that in the US and other countries it's allowed with the
permission of the PIC (pilot in command).

But this is an unmanned craft, so where do we stand with that..?

73 Ivor G6URP