Old March 20th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
KC4UAI KC4UAI is offline

Default LQQKING for some info

I saw the very same thing a few weeks ago in the news paper on sale at
Fry's for just about $250 w/o software. I was unable to locate it on
their website, and I don't remember the manufacturer name.

These little boxes open up a whole new world if you ask me. They are
not much bigger than a DVD drive, are powered by 12V DC and draw a bit
over 1 amp. They would make a cool station computer and take up very
little space. They could operate off of battery power easily and are
quite capable machines.

-= bob =-

On Mar 20, 12:41 pm, "Howard W3CQH" wrote:
I am looking for a small portable laptop about the size of a DVD player,
with minimum Hard drive size and some memory, something I can load XP on,
and that has a USB port, has a close to possible full size keybd, a sound
card, and runs on 12v battery and/or on a 12v power cord I can plug into a
cigarette lighter.

I want to be able to run some of the HAM digital modes while in the field
and don't want to schlep a heavy laptop around.

I heard that something like this might be available, for a street price of
less than or around $250.00, but I have lost the reference page to it.

73's