Old March 23rd 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default WPM to BPS calculation

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:04:16 EDT, Klystron wrote:

It just seems inconsistent with the way
that so many hams have fought tooth and nail to hold onto Morse and to
hinder the move toward digital modes.

The joy of Morse is not the speed at which data is transferred but the
means of transferring. A good Morseist (mot me....) doesn't need a
computer or software to decode it.

And I know several Morseists who not only use "high speed data modes'
in addition to using Morse, but hold advanced degrees in development
of those modes.

Morse is for fun.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane