Old March 25th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default WPM to BPS calculation

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:10:15 EDT, Klystron wrote:

What about code tapes? How much longer will they last? My guess is
that those keys are sold only to replace other keys. I doubt that there
are very many first time key buyers today.

Within the last two years I bought a set of keyer paddles to
complement the 60-year-old J-38 key that I refurbished. And I'm not a
"Valiant Morseman" (tm - Len Anderson) by any means.

"Out here" many of the teenagers who become new hams through one means
or another take the CW classes that our radio club gives if for no
other reason than it's a "thing" that many of their contemporaries who
use cellphones for calls and texting can't do. One-upsmanship still
lives.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest