Old March 25th 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne[_3_] Bill Horne[_3_] is offline

Default Cost of internal keyer

Steve Bonine wrote:
wrote:

From the standpoint of the manufacturers, it would not be practical to
remove a feature most customers have come to expect, whether they use
it much or not.

The negative impact on sales from a comment in a review like, "Great
rig, but missing an internal keyer" would offset the tiny cost of
including the keyer.

73, Steve KB9X

Steve,

I'll let you in on a secret: I think manufacturers put keyers in their
rigs because every ham who has forgotten the code wants to think that
he'll hook up an iambic key someday and win the CW SS.

Like the lottery, they're selling a dream: if the chip were omitted
without telling anyone, I doubt 99% of hams would notice. ;-)

73,

Bill W1AC