Old March 26th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default WPM to BPS calculation

Ivor Jones wrote:
wrote in message
news

[snip]

: : GPS can only be used where the satellites can be
: : "seen" by the receiver.
: :
: : Which is the entire planet.
:
: Those bits of it with an uninterrupted view of the sky,
: anyway. Doesn't work too well in my basement office. Or
: under the canopy of trees on the road outside my house.
:
: Neither do any of the traditional time and frequency
: stations without a working antenna.

True, but my internet-connected computers don't need a working antenna,
they get their info from the ntp server :-)

Where do you think most ntp servers get their time these days?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.