Old May 6th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones[_2_] Ivor Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Differences..!

In ,
typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
: On May 6, 5:12 am, "Ivor Jones" wrote:
:
,
: typed, for some strange, unexplained
: reason:
: : Secondary status means no interference need be
: : tolerated by the primary.
:
: I should have been more clear, and qualfied the above as "here in the
: USA"

I guessed that ;-)

: Not always, we're the primary users of 2m over here, but we can't
: complain about interference.
:
: : There used to be a 50 watt limit on 420-450 MHz for amateurs due
: : to the possibility of interference to radar.
:
: Don't recall we ever had that over here, but I may be wrong.
:
: It was a US restriction a long time ago.

Ok, thought I'd never heard of it.

: : It used to be that we hams were a corps of operators who could
: : be pressed into service quickly during a war or other crisis.
: :
: : That's still the case. But it doesn't mean that the primary users
: : of a band have to put up with interference from secondary users.
:
: Ah, but who is the primary user..? Here it's the military. Amateurs
: have to put up with anything and everything. On all bands.
:
: Well, here in the USA amateurs are definitely the secondary users of
: 420-450 MHz.
: So while we can complain, we don't have the same "standing", as it
: were.

Well of course we can complain, but nobody will take any notice..!

73 Ivor G6URP