Old May 9th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne[_4_] Bill Horne[_4_] is offline

Default Differences..!

Cecil Moore wrote:

I remember participating in the last 11m contest to
save the band for hams - don't remember the year.
Wonder what would happen if the FCC re-opened the 11m
band to amateur radio operators as a shared band under
conditions similar to 60m operation?

I'd welcome the chance to find out: I think it would influence a lot of
CB operators to copy the practices used not only by hams, but also by
"outband" CB'ers, who run SSB above 27.455 MHz, use "Q" signals, and
sound more like the ideal ham than many hams.

Outband is a place where a newcomer who is used to a "Children's Band"
mode of operation is quickly told to "Lose the echo", "Back off the
power", and "Wait your turn". Some of the outbanders are more courteous
operators than hams, and allowing amateurs operators to interact with
them would be a good way to influence CBers' choices and encourage them
to join the amateur ranks.

--
Bill Horne

(Remove QRM from my address for direct replies.)