Old May 10th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
David G. Nagel David G. Nagel is offline

Default Another threat to 440

Bill Horne wrote:
wrote:

How could an amateur radio advocacy organization be more effective?
Unlike the NRA, there's no radio-equivalent to the Second Amendment.

IANALB, I was told that the Supreme Court decided a long time ago that
the Second Amendment does _not_ give citizens a right to bear arms
unless they are part of a well-regulated militia. I presume the militia
is the National Guard, but I'd like to hear from the attorneys who read
this group.

73, W1AC

Bill;

The only SCOTUS ruling on the 2nd amendment concerned the possession of
a sawed off shotgun. It is currently considering the Washington DC law
on possession of hand guns by non law enforcement individuals.

Also the Constitution of the United States provides for the militia in
the first part of the text. Look it up....

The term CITIZEN is mentioned four (4) times in the Bill of Rights. In
three cases the liberal interpretations means you and me. The fourth
mention is in the 2nd amendment. Here liberals want it to mean the
government. What is your opinion?

Dave WD9BDZ