Old May 12th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dave Heil[_2_] Dave Heil[_2_] is offline

Default NASA Predicts Solar Storm

KØHB wrote:
"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote

Isn't it WAY too early to be writing off this cycle?

Oh, I'm not "writing it off", Doug.

But it isn't looking good for the "most active cycle in 50 years" predi

cted in
that article.

It's alarming to note that the words "Maunder Minimum" are being heard

more and
more in polite society. Five years ago that phrase would have people r

ushing to
their Funk and Wagnalls, now we just shake our heads up and down and sa

y "Could
be, yes, it could be."

Yet those who are in tune with the Palos Verdes Sundancers and who read
the weekly epistles from Cass, have no fear of what is to come. Those
who recall the words of Red-eyed Louie, the Little Pistol and the Old
Timer at the top of the hill realize that DXing is a moveable feast.

Dave K8MN

Getting a little obscure, aren't we?