Old May 18th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Alun L. Palmer Alun L. Palmer is offline

Default Another threat to 440

Phil Kane wrote in
:

On Wed, 7 May 2008 18:37:43 EDT, Bill Powell wrote:

Public notice posted yesterday - proposal to use 430-448 MHz for
remotely-controlled surveillance robot:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-08-1077A1.pdf

Sigh...

Pikers! Why didn't they apply for 20 kW and REALLY cause
interference?? g It almost sounds like they are using something
"off the shelf" that is being used elsewhere where the ham band ends
at 430 MHz. I've seen this stuff before.

My gut feeling is that with the present "leadership" at the FCC
(despite the fact that several good friends are in the Homeland
Security and Public Safety Bureau and wouldn't support it but for
pressure from above) it will be granted on a secondary priority behind
all the other secondary priority users. I hope that I am wrong and it
is denied.

Another reason to support the ARRL Spectrum Defense Fund.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest

Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

e-mail: k2asp [at] arrl [dot] net

There isn't anywhere that has an upper edge at 430, Phil. There are
countries that only have the middle third of the ham band (430-440) or
lesser portions of that part, but none that have only 420-430. However,
there are many where hams are secondary users.

73 de Alun, N3KIP, G8VUK

PS: Can't stand modded groups to save my life, but the old one has nothing
left in it except obscene ramblings