Old May 22nd 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Steve Bonine Steve Bonine is offline

Default What a great Dayton!

Alan WA4SCA wrote:

At a banquet, he related that in 2000 DARA had $70 in the bank, and
$190k in debts. This year, they gave the non-profit organization $5k
as thanks for support of the Hamvention, for development work. Talk
about a turn around!

I'm glad things are working. I suspect that the turnaround required two
things -- good management and an actual market for what they're selling.
Maybe what we're going to see is less hamfests but bigger ones. A new
hamfest comes to Rochester MN this summer (http://www.rarexpo.org/) so
it will be instructive to see how they do.

73, Steve KB9X