Old May 29th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Greeting and test

Jim Hampton wrote:
Hello gang,

Just got a new computer (need a new HF station to go with it too LOL)
and am connecting up to newsgroups. Looks good so far. Took me until
2:00 AM the day I received it as I had to clean out the computer room
(orders) and then found out the thing does *not* like my USB 1 or 1.1
devices. Ethernet took care of the USB on the DSL modem.

Hello Jim, good to see you here!

I know what you mean about the USB business, The newer stuff doesn't
like the older stuff, and most (maybe all) Ham equipment still uses
Serial. So I have to get a USB-Serial converter.

My brand new TS-480 is that way. It will probably be a while before the
Manufacturers catch up, after all, USB has only been around since 1995
or so. ;^)

- 73 de Mike N3LI -