Old June 10th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
KØHB KØHB is offline

Default Fifth pillar

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message

I looked up the repeater coordination in Hans' area. Although I didn't come up
with 108 allocations, I might not be using the same total area he is. I used
Minneapolis/St Paul, and came up with a hundred - 76 in Minneapolis and 24 in
St Paul. Fairly close at any rate.

On Artscipub.com, they have listed 21 repeaters for Minneapolis, and 1 for St
Paul.

Note that 3 of those are in the 6 meter band, and 4 are on 222 MHz band.

That leaves us with 8 on 144 MHz and 7 on 440 MHz. Less than 10 percent
utilization.

There is no reason that application can not be made to acquire one of those
unused pairs.

The pairs are all assigned, Mike, or are assigned in other nearby areas too
close for geographical sharing.

If you must check my numbers (why would I make something up?) the official
coordinated list is at http://www.mrc.gen.mn.us/MN_List.pdf ... scroll down to
about page 10 under the heading METRO

Now where did I lay my Skimmer......

Sheeeeeesh!