Old June 19th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Antennas - Is NVIS a good thing?

Phil Kane wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:30:29 EDT, Jeffrey D Angus
wrote:

I thought the purpose of Field Day was to serve as a training
ground for emergency preparedness. And a time to experiment
with new techniques and technology in an "emergency" setting
without it being a "real" emergency.

My sole interest in 80 meters is for EmComm data modes, where NVIS is
the desired mode. I hope that my (inefficient) dipole will do what I
want.....

Only it really isn't inefficient - at least not because of it's
radiation pattern.

I'm curious though, what data modes do you use on 80? I do PSK there,
but are you doing handshaking and error correction? This time of year
could be taxing on that.

We can spin this into an other thread if you like.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -