Old July 25th 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Jesus knew about ham radio guys!

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:01:45 EDT, Dave Heil
wrote:

Here in Marshall County, *no permit of any kind* is required to put up a
tower.

When Beaverton decided to rewrite its Wireless Communications Facility
ordinance about 6 years ago, I made sure that I got on the committee
that was doing it (my bona fides were that as an attorney I had
drafted several in California). When it came to Ham Radio issues, it
was like shooting fish in a barrel - besides myself, the ATT Wireless
rep was a ham, and best of all, the Assistant City Attorney handling
it was the son of an active ham. As a result, no use or zoning permit
is required for towers under 70 feet, and only notification is
required for towers above that height. Building permits are something
else, though. The main problem here are CC&Rs and HOA issues.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
ARRL Volunteer Counsel

email: k2asp [at] arrl [dot] net