Old July 25th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Doug Smith W9WI[_2_] Doug Smith W9WI[_2_] is offline

Default Another BPL?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 05:23:27 -0400, Doug Smith W9WI wrote:
I'm a lot more worried about it as a TV engineer and semi-rural
over-the-air TV viewer. In early tests these things weren't very good

at
determining whether a channel was unused. I can see that becoming a bi

problem in semi-rural areas like this, where people might be using roof

antennas to get TV but the Internet devices will probably be on makeshi

ft
indoor aerials.

(which may end up being the vector by which this stuff bothers ham radio
-- it will interfere with TV reception and the viewers will blame us...)