Old July 25th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dave Heil[_2_] Dave Heil[_2_] is offline

Default Jesus knew about ham radio guys!

David G. Nagel wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Phil Kane wrote:

We had a builder put up a MaxiMansion near here for his own residence.
They had to put in a new gas line up the street to provide enough gas
to heat the place. He has his own pole-pig too. The price was
several mills three years ago.

Out here on Signal Hill, I have to share a pole pig with the neighbor
across the road.

The house across the road from that is
35 rooms occupied by a couple in their 90s - the largest car dealer in
the Portland area. I would suspect that both of those places have
live-in help.

See! I could live in one of those places--as live-in help.

Isn't it nice to have money?

I'd love to have the opportunity to find out if wealth could mess up
my life. Though indoor plumbing came to this area long ago, there's
still a WPA-built privy on our property. When I can afford to do it
up in gold leaf, I will know that I've arrived.

Dave K8MN

Your name isn't Al Gore and you haven't purchased 10,000 acres of carbon
credits in West Ubanga Banga.....

You may write those things on my grave stone!

I saw Al's daddy once when he flew into the Palm Beach County airport in
late 1957 or early 1958.

I plan to create some massive carbon footprints when the Consol Coal
Company buys me out (that could be anywhere from now until eight years
away). Those carbon diggin' rascals are buying people out right and
left at rather handsome prices. When my carbon ship comes in, I plan to
live out my days in showy ostentation. I'd planned on two of those
heavy duty crank up towers with the tilt feature but if Consol's price
is right, I may opt for three. Of course you always have to plan for
the event that the coal company changes its mind. If that happens, I'll
be a little less ostentatious and will just retain my two Rohn 25 towers
and will continue to burn free natural gas like it was goin' out of style.

73,

Dave K8MN