Old July 26th 08, 12:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Doug Smith W9WI[_2_] Doug Smith W9WI[_2_] is offline

Default Another BPL?

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 02:00:41 -0400, Phil Kane wrote:
These are one type of systems that our company designs for
public-safety clients. Many agencies are asking the FCC to reassign
unused commercial channels in the T-Band for Public Safety use. We're
in the thick of that. What we are trying to do also is to get the FCC
to expand the radius around the authorized cities as urban growth
moves outward.

I think the problem you're going to have (with both of those projects) is
that the compression of the TV band is going to make unused channels in
T-band less common. And especially in the areas outside the existing
radius where you'd like to expand it.

I think the argument you'll get is that 24MHz above channel 51 has alread
been set aside for public-safety, should it really need more below channe
21?