Old July 27th 08, 07:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Mike Coslo Mike Coslo is offline

Default Another BPL?

John Smith wrote in
:
These freqs, being opened up for the net, is a very exciting
development ... I believe the opportunities and access provided will
greatly expand the availability to the net under adverse
circumstances, and make greater speeds available to those who were
lacking the same ...

Hi John. What are the technical aspects of these systems that will do
this? I read what they are doing, and what they have done so far to be
technically not so good. It appears that the concept is flawed.

From what I can piece together, it looks as if the main concept treats the

RF spectrum as if it were wired for digital. That will not work.

Simple Wi-Fi and other digital transmission setups in use now are not close
to the same. The system that comes closest in likely performance is
cellular net access. That uses compression rather than frequency agility of
course.

This is a presumed frequency agile system that won't interfere with other
signals already on the band. If it works, one possible outcome is that no
available frequency will be found, and no connection made. Failure is a
built in option!

- 73 de Mike N3LI -