Old July 30th 08, 07:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Jeffrey D Angus Jeffrey D Angus is offline

Default Another BPL?

Bruce in alaska wrote:
I remember as a Kid, my doctor had a "Dyeathermy?" Machine on
27.255 Mhz that had an 833 in it as a Self-excited Osc. I often
wondered if it took out all the CB Receivers in 20 miles when he fired
it up. Had to plugged into 220 Vac.

One of the true pleasures of (a) self employment and (b) a niche
market is I get some really odd service requests in the shop.

About a month ago a doctor calls about his diathermy machines.
4 new sweep tubes and a couple of oscillator doubler tubes and
we're back in business with 1600 Watts Peak pulse on 27 MHz.

It really did look like some Flash Gordon death ray machine.

What I found amusing was when I took it back to his office, his
method of testing it was to light it up with the antenna against
the small of his back, then hold up the light socket with the
coil of wire on it to his stomach and twiddle the knob for
maximum brightness.

Yehaw!

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi