Old July 31st 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne[_4_] Bill Horne[_4_] is offline

Default APRS and Igate

KI6SFG wrote:
I am new here and as an amateur, I am interested in setting up an Igate
and am looking for some assistance or advice. I am hoping that someone
will take the time to walk me through the necessary steps. I have my
packet radio working and can get position reports, however there seems
to be some big holes. Maybe if we cover the basics here then we can get
more folks to do this and fill in the holes.
Gary KI6SFG

Gary,

I suggest you get an old PC, put Linux on it, and become very familiar
with the OS. Then, compile a custom kernel that includes the AX.25
features and leaves out what you don't need.

Keep it simple and small: you risk losing interest if you try too much
at once.

73, Bill W1AC

--
Bill Horne

(Remove QRM from my address for direct replies.)