Old September 15th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Edward Feustel Edward Feustel is offline

Default Tristao towers

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 02:12:42 EDT, Jeffrey D Angus
wrote:

Funny how time slips by when you're not paying attention.

I've always wanted a tower. I was impressed by the one at the
club station that I used to hang out and bother the operators
before I was licensed.

At long last, 41 years after I got my novice license, I have
a tower.

Admittedly, it's still laying on it's side in the driveway
having laid in a friend's back yard for 11 years. ;-) But...
I _have_ my tower now.

A simple affair, not self supporting, it needs to bolted to
the side of the house and the top needs guying when all the
way up. And sure, it's only 38' tall. But I _have_ my tower
now.

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

Jeff-1.0,
You may want to check carefully for corrosion and if you find any
get the surface scraped down and get it hot dipped galvanized.
73,
Ed, N5EI