Old September 16th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Tristao towers

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:01:11 EDT, Edward Feustel
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 02:12:42 EDT, Jeffrey D Angus
wrote:

I've always wanted a tower. I was impressed by the one at the
club station that I used to hang out and bother the operators
before I was licensed.

You may want to check carefully for corrosion and if you find any
get the surface scraped down and get it hot dipped galvanized.

You may also want to check with your local building department to see
if the local codes make any special provisions/requirements when used
towers are installed.

You are getting a building permit (not to be confused with a use or
zoning permit), right?
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
ARRL Volunteer Counsel