Old September 30th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default How to PSK? What do all those funny letters mean?

Phil Kane wrote:
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:24:19 EDT, Michael Coslo wrote:

Ending the call

73's their call de your call SK.

When I learned Morse in the Dark Ages, I learned that ending signal as
VA - which is exactly the same thing.

Why yes. I'd never heard of that.

I always associate SK with
"Silent Key" - an operator who has passed away. My ending macro says
"K2ASP Clear" - remnants of my Public Safety radio dispatch days.

The nice thing is having the options.

Do you get on PSK much? Some times of the day there are nice paths from
Oregon to PA on 20 meters.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -