Old October 1st 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Tom Horne[_3_] Tom Horne[_3_] is offline

Default How can I measure ground conductivity?

Bill Horne wrote:
I'm experimenting with antennas, and I'm going to model some on my
computer, but I need to know the ground conductivity at my QTH.

How may I measure this without special-purpose instruments?

TIA.

73, Bill W1AC

If you want a real value you will have to do a four pole fall of
potential measurement using a Ground Resistance Tester. That is the
only way to get a real value that will hold up to later scrutiny of the
antennas you have modeled.
--
Tom Horne

for general use." Thomas Alva Edison