Old October 1st 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Hello.com Hello.com is offline

Default How to PSK? What do all those funny letters mean?

'73's their call de your call SK.' -----------NOPE!

For your LAST transmission of the QSO:

'stuff' 73 SK their call de your call [KN if your're waiting for an
answer - dits if not, and you feel like a Lid - CL if you will not answer
any calls after the present QSO]

For your last transmission the SK is in place of the AR as used during the
QSO - you know: 'stuff' AR [BK or their call de your call] [KN or K if
you do not use BK]

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:24:19 EDT, Michael Coslo wrote:

Ending the call

73's their call de your call SK.

When I learned Morse in the Dark Ages, I learned that ending signal as
VA - which is exactly the same thing. I always associate SK with
"Silent Key" - an operator who has passed away. My ending macro says
"K2ASP Clear" - remnants of my Public Safety radio dispatch days.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest

Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon