Old October 2nd 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Newsgroup servers?

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"Dee Flint" wrote ...
Can anyone recommend a free newsgroup server? Comcast just sent out an
email that they are discontinuing newsgroup access effective October
25th.

Google will give you an ample list of free news servers.

Many people in other newsgroups faced with the same
situation are going over to news.individual.net which is
actually run by the Free University in Berlin (not that the
location makes any difference on the worldwide network).

It costs 10 Euros per year which amounts to slightly more
than 1 USD per month. They run a good operation and I
have not heard any complaints about it. I have them auto
charge my plastic every year and I don't even have to
think about it. Highly recommended.

I'll check out the one you suggest. I tried google but everything listed
seemed to have a charge attached to it.

It needs to be very cheap or free as I'm unemployed at this time.

Dee, N8UZE