Old October 4th 08, 07:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Newsgroup servers?

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 20:01:33 EDT, "Howard Lester"
wrote:

I'll check out the one you suggest. I tried google but everything listed
seemed to have a charge attached to it.

It needs to be very cheap or free as I'm unemployed at this time.

Dee, how about this one for $29?

http://www.forteinc.com/agent/

I have been using Forte Agent for quite a while. It is only a
newsreader and requires an external news service. Their "in house"
service, APM, runs about $15 per month.

For what I pay Comcast for internet access, an extra $15 a month is
not that expensive. My e-mail service costs about that much, if not
more.

It's just the principle of the thing, an "entitlement" so to speak.

Relevance to ham radio: it's how I keep in contact with r.r.a.m news,
and other hams on the two other groups, one hobby, one professional.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest

Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon