Old October 4th 08, 07:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Newsgroup servers?

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 20:46:35 EDT, Patty Winter
wrote:

Since you're posting through Panix, Comcast's actions won't
affect you anyway, Phil. Same with me. I don't recall whether
I got a notice from them or read about it in some of my habitual
Usenet groups a couple of weeks ago, but I knew it didn't affect
me anyway, because I only use my Comcast cable modem to access
my *real* ISP. :-)

The group is hosted on panix. My domain and mail server is on NetSol,
but my news server = the one I connect to - is newsgroups.comcast.net.
If this affects me - I will check with Comcast next week - I will have
to find another news service - perhaps NetSol has one or use the one
that Forte Agent works with.

Perhaps, to paraphrase the unforgettable Dr. C.T. Yang of MIT some 55
years ago - "THIS Comcast not the same as THAT Comcast....I only did
that to con-fuse you..."
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest