Old October 5th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones[_2_] Ivor Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Newsgroup servers?

In m,
Steve Bonine typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:

[snip]

: Another alternative that I don't think anyone has mentioned is access
: to newsgroups via the Google interface. Being able to use a real news
: reader is well worth 10 Euros per year to me.
:
: 73, Steve KB9X

Hmm. Personally, I wouldn't recommend Google for newsgroup access. It's
clunky to use and seems (from the posts of those I've seen in other
groups) to encourage top posting and not snipping repeated text, both of
which are personal dislikes of mine.

I also use individual.net and it fits the bill nicely for me.

73 Ivor G6URP