Old October 5th 08, 10:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Steve Bonine Steve Bonine is offline

Default Newsgroup servers?

Ivor Jones wrote:

Hmm. Personally, I wouldn't recommend Google for newsgroup access. It's
clunky to use and seems (from the posts of those I've seen in other
groups) to encourage top posting and not snipping repeated text, both of
which are personal dislikes of mine.

King of like Outlook, eh? grin

Seriously, it's a matter of personal taste. Most people who have used a
real news reader hold Google in contempt as a way to access Usenet, but
some folks like the interface . . . just like some folks love to work
contests and other folks think they're a plague.