Old October 5th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Newsgroup servers?

"Pat Cook" wrote in message
"Pat Cook" wrote in message
Hi everyone:

"Dee Flint" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone recommend a free newsgroup server? Comcast just sent out an
email that they are discontinuing newsgroup access effective October
25th.

Try http://www.open-news-network.org/ You may have to run it through
Google's Translator site to get it to where you can read it properly, but
they are the only ones I know offering free USENET access.

Another one that's being talked about on the alt.online-service.comcast
newsgroup is Motzarella. The website to this service is @
http://www.motzarella.org/

Okay I will see how this one works out. I just hope Comcast reduces their
cost but I doubt that they will. I'll certainly make a fuss about it if
they don't.

Dee, N8UZE