Old August 13th 09, 07:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Paul P[_6_] Paul P[_6_] is offline

Default Driving Distracted

But I still think this points to the greater distraction of phone
conversations during local "emergencies." And I think it's not as much
of an issue with simplex conversations.

For some reason talking on the cell phone while driving seems to capture my
full attention and concentration. Even when I am looking at the road. The
mobile half duplex requires much less attention and/or concentration for me.

It is like you have to think when to reply or talk on the phone. I just
wait for the other station to stop transmitting. Not much thought or less
brain engagement.

Paul P