Old August 15th 09, 02:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne[_4_] Bill Horne[_4_] is offline

Default 2m coverage in C. Crane radio

Patty Winter wrote:
Last night I was listening to KGO, the top-rated station in San
Francisco, and the host did a commercial for C. Crane. They often
advertise their AM/FM radios on KGO in the evening and overnight
because KGO has regular listeners all the way up to British Columbia,
so they have a ready-made audience of people who want radios that
can pull in distant stations well.

Anyway...this is the first time I've heard the 2m ham band mentioned
in a commercial for an AM/FM radio!

This is the first time I've seen a company named "C. Crane" mentioned.
Do they market solar-powered or hand-powered radios? Are they an OEM, or
are they rebrands of some other manufacturer?

W1AC
(Filter QRM for direct replies)